Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trip down the memory lane

Setapak...
I consider it my 2nd home as I spend more than 3 years there...
Haven't really have a look at the place for quite some time...
Today went down the memory lane together with 阿涵 and realized it had really been a different place...
In 2 years,many many things had changed...
For better or for worse,you need to judge it by yourself...

Many spots that I used to hang out with my friends had vanished...
Our favourite mamak,the vegetarian stall with the best curry noddle ever,the burger stall which we also complained about the hygiene yet still went for it once in a week...
Many old places had new transformation...
Sri Pelangi (the front part facing Jln Genting Klang) had been repainted,the rubbish room near Sky is home for a new bakery (which I will never go for since I knew what was there before),more and more 外劳 living around the area...
Many new building emerged...
Festival City Mall,new cafes,new grocery shops,new apartment...

I do miss the old Setapak...
The development was a little too over...
发展是一种趋势,也是迈向进步的一种象征。
But why can't it slow down a little???
At least take a smaller step every time...
Allow residents nearby to adjust so that they can adapt better (especially the sky rocketing house price)...

Anyway still happy to be back here...
Maybe next time I should take some photos...
To show all my fellow UTARians and KTARians the changes ^^

No comments: