Friday, August 20, 2010

Engaging in a serious conversation

I am not good when it comes to serious talk,especially when I am not prepared for it.If you want trash and make a meaningless conversation just to pass out some time,I am your man.But when it comes to some serious adult talking,you may wanna find someone else.

Below is my conversation with a taxi driver(Yes,another taxi driver)

Driver:You saw the new Mydin there.

Me:Yes…

Driver:Gonna open this 26th.

Me:Oh…Good lah,easier to buy things.

Driver:Ya lah…Especially for the students living nearby.

Me:Ya,a lot of students…

Driver:But I don’t like buying things from there.

Me:Why?

Driver:The quality no good lol.I better go Carrefour.The things there can last longer.

Me:Oh…

Driver:But Carrefour is too far from where I stay.

Me:Ya lol.

Driver:More and more of shopping mall opening in Setapak area.U think is good ah.

Me:Erm…I think so.

Driver:Here got a lot of buyers lah.And since everybody like to buy,I think it is good for the economy lol…

Me:Ya…

Driver:A lot of students from KTAR and the nursing collage also mah.

Me:Ya…

Driver:The Mydin u saw just now also very big u know.

Me:Ya meh?

Driver:Ya lah.Got 4 doors.

Me:4 doors?

Driver:Not like Carrefour Express.Just have only one door.

Me:One door?

Driver:Ya lah.One door only how to sell a lot things?

Me:Ya…(Although I have no the slightest idea what is the relationship between doors and things to sell)

For the rest of the journey,the taxi driver keeps talking about his theory on how the opening of Carrefour,Mydin,Tesco will affect the economy in Setapak area.And my only response is Ya and Yes.

Luckily we reached Carrefour just before he can elaborate more.

Damn,I sucks in this kind of conversation…

 

Four doors?One door?

Maybe I should put on this innocent face next time to avoid any kind of serious conversation…

2 comments:

Lee Hwa said...

Innocent CAT face,huh??hahahahahaha.... =p

aiwei said...

Just tell the taxi driver, what a loss of our country that u r not appointed as some kind of area developer. LOL