Friday, December 2, 2011

Back to Setapak


Went to Setapak this afternoon.At first it was to deal with some official matters in UTAR.But since I managed to get it done via email,the trip turn out to be a nostalgic one...

There are around 20 stations between Sri Petaling Starline LRT Station and Wangsa Maju Putra Line LRT station.I traveled for an hour and twenty minutes before finally reaching Setapak.

Setapak,a place where I spend for more than 3 years during my first degree in UTAR.It was a nice place and very convenient too.We have many food stalls,mamak,7-11 and some small shops to buy our daily goodies.It is quite crowded by foreign workers (illegal and legal) and students (from KTAR and UTAR),thus it is always very noisy.The only time when it is peaceful is during Hari Raya and Chinese New Year.Nevertheless,it is still a really nice place and filled with many good and bad memories...
7-11.The place where I can go to buy food or sometimes groceries anytime I desired...


A bus stop in front of KTAR where we usually wait for bus...But since Ken had his own car,I rarely go there anymore.

Jalan Genting Klang is as busy as usual,especially today when it is raining.But when it is empty during Raya,you can just lie down on the road^^No car at all...

Metro bus,my main way of transportation to Uni and other places.Very crowded usually but today I was lucky to have a seat.

The flat where I spend 3++ years of my Uni life.It is actually a very very small room but good enough for me and all of my junks^^

My place in 17th floor,Block E!!!So many good and not so good memories there that I will still cherish.Another place that I will hang out is at Wai Koon and Ken place on the 14th floor^^



"Tian Xia" or Sky hawker stall where we had our dinner sometimes.The mixed rice is quite ok and the quantity of food you get depends on the mood of the owner...

Fo Yuan vegetarian restaurant.One of my favourite spot.I used to have dinner there almost every night when I am training myself to be a vegetarian^^

This is also one of the place where we Tzu Ching will have our meeting.So many big decisions had been made here...Besides that,every Wednesday we will have our dinner together here before making "xiao gui ren"^^Those old days...



Hometown Steamboat,the easiest place to celebrate birthday.We will usually treat the birthday boy or birthday girl for a meal here.Quite a generous portion given every time.

The hawker stall that had changed its name a few times.From Xin Peng Lin to Lao Di Fang and now Good Friend Setapak.There used to be a lovely vegetarian store here with the best vegetarian curry mee ever.Too bad now a different people owned it and the delicious curry mee is no longer there.


Taj,our favourite Mamak stall.We go there so often and have a very good relationship with the worker there who can memorize what are we going to eat.Spend countless midnight there with Ken and Gary to watch football or just yam char^^One of my most favourite spot^^


Yoyo ice!!!My favourite dessert!!!We usually bought it from a van,especially during hot days.My favourite flavour:Red Bean+ Sweet Corn!!!

Pistachios,the bread shop where I get my breads almost every night.20% discount on bread after 9pm and the red bean bread is one of my personal favourite^^

Bintang Tujuh,the first place we learnt about the yam char culture.We used to go there until those workers there get on our nerves with their lame service ><











4 comments:

Chor Siong said...

Haha, miss those days in Setapak... Especially "So many decisions had been made in Fo Yuan" :D

Vicky said...

Feel glad to see you are enjoying your beautiful life. =)

Silent Chaos said...

Chor Siong:Really missed those good old days and all the big decisions we made^^

Vicky:Life is to be enjoy and you can see beautiful in anything as long as your mindset is correct^^

云蓝幻想世界 said...

你昨天去的地方也太多了吧!!