Sunday, March 25, 2012

Washing dental insturments...

I am a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) student...But today in Pudu Free Clinic,I tried something new...I was assigned to wash the dental instruments...
Wow,it was kinda of fun and I definitely learned a few new tricks.A good learning experience indeed.And what was even more surprising is that the 师姑 who was the dentist assistant...She was not even a real dentist  assistant in real life but she was so pro!!!She knew almost everything and respond very good on the dentists' every command...Impressive...
Washing the dental instruments was not very hard but it did required high level of attention as there were many sharp instruments involved.I must be very careful to not injured myself. Everything need to be washed with soap and soaked in anti-septic before been autoclave for 45 minutes...Tiresome but to maintain a hygiene working environment and to avoid infection,all of these procedures are important...


Btw,I had a fear of dentist since I was a young boy.So being in a dentist room is never pleasing for me but today it turned out quite ok.Of course I was still nerves at the beginning but through the end it was actually not as scary as I expected ^^ 

No comments: