Monday, November 8, 2010

Carbonated drinkholic

Many people are addicted to alcohol,so we call them alcoholic.

Many people are addicted to drugs,so we call them junkies.

How about people like me, who is addicted to carbonated drinks?

pepsicoke

Carbonated drinkholic?

I am very quite a good and honest boy man.I don’t smoke,I don’t gamble and I don’t consume liquor. However,I had an extremely soft spot for carbonated drinks.You name it and I like it.Pepsi Twist,Vanilla Coke,Miranda Orange,7UP,100 Plus,Rootbeer…

My mum will always say,you study science you should know how bad are carbonated drinks to your body.Yes,mum!I know!I know that carbonated drinks will cause diabetes,brittle bones,infertile,obesity,toothache…But I just can’t help myself.

Especially when I am all alone.At my hometown,I am able to control myself and only had one bottles every few days.I will sneak to any shops nearby and get a dose.Then,I will finish it of on my way back home.I enjoyed those moments.

However,during my Uni life in KL,let’s say that I am a little out of control.KL is a great place where there are 7-11 and shops everywhere.Hence,there are unlimited supplies of carbonated drinks,not to mention the great variety.As a result,most of my pocket money are spend on buying carbonated drinks.I almost drink a tin/bottle per day.My friends will always say: “Wow,you want to die earlier ah?” My standard answer will be: “I can’t control lah!!!”

pepsicoke1

 

I really want to stop!Not stop entirely but cut down the amounts as low as I could (May 2-3 tins/bottles per month).I really do but as I mention I can’t help myself.Everytime I see shelves filled with carbonated drinks,I can’t stop my hand from grabbing one…

pepsicoke2

How can I resist a temptation like this???Argh!!!!

Stephen King once said:

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

For me,I will be:

“Pepsi are refreshing, and Coke are sweet too. They live inside me, and always, they win”

No comments: