Thursday, March 24, 2011

Don’t tell me a bad news and expect me to tell others because…

 

I sucks super sucks ultimate sucks at delivering bad news!!!I can’t do it well face to face,through phone call,through sms,through e-mail,through any way.I JUST CAN’T DO IT!!!

Even though the news might not involved me in any way (for an example,a famous singer or actor passed away),I still fail to convey the message properly.If the message had something to do with me,it will be even harder.If the message is distantly related to me (I had to cancel a gathering or meeting),I still can’t tell it out.Thus,I will always give this big responsibility to the others.You can ask me do a jobs ten times harder and will consume 10 times the energy needed,I still won;t deliver the bad news.

Bad news is almost always depressing and depressing my *ahem * “fragile” heart will affects my mood the whole day which I don’t like.Besides that,it is hard to choose a way to convey a bad news.Should I act naturally or fake a sad face(although the news had nothing to do with me,for an example someone pet dog just passed away…)What kind of body language should I display?What tone should I use?What excuse should I give ?(especially if I had to cancel a gathering or activity because of I misinterpret a message)

Maybe this is one of the reason why I don’t want to be a doctor.Imagine how awkward will I be when I am going to tell a patient:”You had cancer and have only 3 more months to live!” I will definitely screw the whole thing and may had shorten the patient life (Who knows,maybe I use the wrong tone and suddenly his blood pressure rockets and get a stroke and died instantly,It is possible…)This is why I choose to be a Chinese Medicine Practitioner.Lower risk of killing my patients through my cold and innocent tone in delivering bad news!!!

So to someone,sorry I had misinterpret a message and the place for the visit tomorrow had be taken by other people.It is all my fault and please please forgive me!!!I will try to tell you as soon as possible but please don’t meet me by accident in Uni ya,I will prefer to call you and decrease the awkwardness as low as I could

><

No comments: