Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour 2011

It was Earth Hour again yesterday and as usual my annual Earth Hour post ^^

And I will stress again that rather than switching your electrical supply for one hour per year,you will help the Earth more by saving up electricity EVERY DAY!!!

Then at 8.30 sharp,I heard fireworks outside.Wow,so “environmental friendly” to celebrate this day with more emission of CO2!!!

The main purpose of Earth Hour is to create awareness but do we really need all those celebration?Do we really need to light up candles in paper cups as a symbol that we SWITCH OFF the lights?Do we really need to drive all the way to malls to join the celebration with others?Do we really need those???DO WE???

So how I spent my Earth hour?Well,I took a stroll under my apartment.It was bright (many people didn’t participate) but I managed to find a darker spot.I sat there and look upon the stars (which is also been outshone by the lights) and relax.The wind was blowing gently,the surrounding was so quiet and it was so peaceful.And for one moment I feel myself in-sync with Mother Nature (until the fireworks AGAIN broke my peaceful moment!!!).The world is a beautiful place and I want my next generation to be to enjoy it as well.I will want to show them how magnificent and grand our planet it,not through images in books and Internet,but through interacting with the nature directly.

Don’t all of us wish that too???What we want to leave for our next generation?A paradise-like world or a dying planet???

So guys,PLEASE TREAT EVERY HOUR AS EARTH HOUR!!!GO GREEN!!!RECYCLE!!!

DONT JUST SPEAK,TAKE ACTION NOW!!!

 

No comments: